“Let all things be done decently and in order”
Beloved of God, as we anticipate God’s blessings in 2016, let us be proactive in what we, as a congregation, can do in The Spirit of Excellence. Paul’s admonition to the church of Corinth applies to all Christian churches – “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints” 1 Cor. 14:33. I have listed some essential protocols which FBCSE has instituted this year, to maintain koinonia and avoid confusion.
1) Prayer request are to be given to Pastor Bruce, who will disseminate them to the Prayer Team.
2) If you’re sick or absent from church, call the pastor. This will alleviate questions and concerns.
3) Leaders must schedule monthly meetings with the pastor to report on needs, concerns, questions, and blessings.
4) Please be sure all lights are off; all heat is turned down; and all blinds are closed when leaving the church
5) Children must be supervised by an adult in the sanctuary.
6) Food is restricted to the fellowship hall only.
7) All reimbursement purchases must be approved by the trustees beforehand.
Food for thought – Creation was formed out of Chaos. Gen. 1:2-3 “And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there .be light: and there was light.” So what removed the chaos? - The Spirit moved; the Father spoke, and the Son created order.
Where two or more are joined in Man’s name there is disorder. But, “where two or three are gathered together in my (Jesus) name, there am I in the midst of them” Matthew 18:20.